Sunday 7 December 2014

Vitamin C

Are you taking your daily dose of Orange now winter has set in? Me, I'm hale and hearty after getting my annual flu shot and thus having 'flu-like symptoms' (the flu) for 2 weeks. But hey, at least I decided when I was going to have my flu this year. Got it out of the way nice and early. 
Now, my dears, I've got some nicely vivid color for you to blow through a grey (or white) week. I mean fearless, all-out orange, drenching entire rooms. It's tempting to lean towards retro every time with it, as it so suggests neon 60's and woolly 70's, but with barely a nod in that direction here's some courageous commitment to color. I'm starting out with monochrome...which always implies black and white to me, but simply means one color. Guess which one. 

I'm admiring the pendant lights.
A new meaning to Bathroom Scales. Overlapping tile greatness.
Fabulous lit wall reflecting on polished concrete
Orange on orange kitchen...with oranges, in case you missed the gist
This cave type business
Eva Zeisel Belly Button Room Divider 1958
However, if you aren't the type to saturate a color (no offense, but few of you are, we're a rare breed) adding a splash of it in the form of supercool pieces is the way to go. If you're not even brave enough to do that, come see me for color therapy. 
VMX Architects kitchen
Paisley taxidermy by Near & Deer
Philippe Stark's joyous punches of orange
My new favorite designer, Dutch wonder Marcel Wanders, for the Kahema Grand Hotel in Bonn, Germany
Glasgow hotel Citizen M tones it down with black
Does a Smeg fridge ever look bad anywhere? They're just fab, aren't they? One day, one day...
Velvet elegance on high back chairs
A rare fiberglass Boomerang Desk by Maurice Calka - this thing rocks! Also came in black, white, green, yellow, lime and red, many have accompanying chairs too if you can find them.
A little neon pinup action never hurt anyone. Captured by by Thomas Hawk.Bottoms up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment