Saturday 3 May 2014

When Life Gives You Lemon, Decorate

I'm very specific about lemon. It has to be Fifties or Sixties lemon or all out sunshine. Acid yellow only begets antacid in this casa. Since spring is upon us and daffs are in season, only a quid a bunch at the market, I'll leave you with a seasonal poem my dad taught me and some lovely photos of lemonade dreams...
Spring is sprung
The grass is riz
I wonder where
The birdies is.  
First up some Doris Day heaven. Beautifully restored kitchen cabinets that cock a hat at anything you can buy in a shop

Lemony delight in a fabulada Fifties bedroom. Detail perfect. 

Swans on the walls! Hooray!

Tiki kitsch fun in the sun

Little lemon chair against a voluptuous bevy of beauties.

Summer doors begging to be wafted through in a cotton print dress.
 
 Cupcakes too good to eat. Not that you'd stop me. 

Silver and pastel pink on exquisite lemon cookies.Talent!

Sunshine shabbiness, English country house style. 

Not sweet but savory - tangy bedroom! 

Very crisp with contemporary, striking black & white. 

Stace's bunny....vintage darlingness from Lady Luck House of Cakes.

Which calls for tea...with daisies! Years I spent training my kid to make me a cuppa and she goes and leaves home. Have to make one myself after all that...with lemon, of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment