Saturday 29 November 2014

Light Me, Darling

As Patsy from Ab Fab used to say - Light me, darling. And I have some Absolutely Fabulous fireplaces lined up that will astonish you. You know what I like - glamor, daring, color and creativeness. Definitely fulfilling those briefs today. 
Round about now is when the mulled wine starts making an appearance in venues and it really is my favorite drink in the world. Last year saw me getting my fix in a 15th century pub overlooking the glorious Thames and St. Paul's, with London aglow in the dark after a day at the Tate Modern. I'm still wondering how to top it this year. If you know of somewhere, take me with! 
Meanwhile I'm in front of the fire, and it had better be a Fabulada one. Here's some! 
Justen Ladda has taken the concept of burning building into a fireplace with Swarovski Crystal curtains. I bloody love this one! 
Just about the most wonderful Art Nouveau fireplace ever designed. By Alphonse Mucha, naturellement.
 
In Malibu, creations with shells by Mili La Conche.
Here's a close up detail of their work:
Deco chrome glitz. Love it.
Winter owls. Nice festive display.
Chromed carving complimented by high polished tile. Uberglam.
 
It doesn't get much more Fabulada than tufted surround and fluffy everything covered in roses. Or does it?  
Mosaic Mary.
Frank Lloyd Wright mosaic tile surround, Los Angeles
Glitter walls. Now you're talking.
Pink crown over the mantle. I'm moving in. So great. 
Elements of pink brought in by a Dale Chihuly chandelier. Drama!
Campest of all: The Entry hall of Eaton House Studio:

No comments:

Post a Comment