Sunday 13 April 2014

Brighton Green

Perhaps my favorite color in the entire world is the specific green used on the seaside railings and lamp posts in the coastal town of Brighton. I've been known to spot a minuscule shred of it in someone's photograph snaps and call it out as Brighton. I fall in love with anything which reminds me of it and obsess over using it for interiors.
Here it is, it stops my heart...
 Here

It must have been 50's bathrooms that started my love affair and I still lust after one of these
 Here

 A proper vintage color, here it is in all its stunning glory in a Landmark Trust building in Warwickshire. If I woke up to this I'd think I died and went to heaven.
 Here

Delicious Deco green in a classic tile combo...one of the reasons I get homesick for LA
 Here

This room. The perfect screen by the fireplace. Dying! 
 I have to close up, I just must. You have no idea how close to hysteria this room drives me. 


Fairly excitable to learn this fabric can actually be bought online and is NOT a scrap but a fully order-able product

I do have a soft spot for it juxtaposed against red, and might well decorate a room exactly to the specifications of this 1963 Sherwin Williams paint chart picture. I could, you know. 


Yes. Just yes.

As if this little bohemian kitchen wasn't enough, get the elaborate, fantastical ceiling.

Only half of the panache but I'm still moving in if at all possible.

Bit carried away today with the aqua, but I always am. Signing off with a 1988 shot of me in Margie, the best car in the universe. What other color did you expect it to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment