Sunday 11 May 2014

Fluttery Will Get You Everywhere

Anyone who's been round my gaff knows I am a bit of a Lepidopterist. Currently my modest collection adorns my bathroom, which is a bit off-putting for anyone who is terrified of butterflies, and some people are. I think they're the ultimate symbol of beauty, expressed and manifested in the most breathtaking jewelry, art, fashion and furniture. 
I've been looking at some ravishing examples of butterflies expressed in decor, so let's celebrate them with a tour of some fine fluttery rooms and pieces. 

Butterfly stencil on a lovely silver leafed cabinet in London here

Stunning cabinet found on www.vampdecor.com

Nouveau gold chair by Claude Lalanne, 1924

 Fabulous butterfly chairs essential to be seen as a pair!
 Butterfly coffee table found on maxitendence.com

Damian Hirst's butterfly wallpaper print

 Phyllis Morris spectacular wallpaper...I so love this

 Timourous Beasties wallpaper in mints and jades

Amazing Timourous Beasties prints on wall, chair and pillow

Bold and wonderful mural from Design Sponge

Lovely delicate mural found on maxitendence

August Louis Moreau, Art Nouveau lamp circa 1905

Lighting by AtLastCrafts



Modern light by little black kitty designs

And finally, because it's so utterly butterly gorgeous, an Alexander McQueen shoe. Tread lightly!


No comments:

Post a Comment