Sunday 29 June 2014

Name Your Poison

I'm thrilled to introduce a truly Fabulada guest blogger today, Andrea Webster. In partnership with her husband Jamie, she founded the sublime, darkly glamorous, London based company Tooth and Claw

They interior design, create original wallpapers and cushions for an International clientele, and with their combined impeccable fashion experience made their showcase house a top flight location destination for shoots featured by Beige Magazine, The Guardian, The Financial Times and more. Over to Andrea, who is going to expound upon dark green, one of her design inspirations! Fabulada.

Andrea writes:
I guess it all started with this…

Poison by Christian Dior. My first grown-up fragrance in the early 1980’s. I loved everything about it – the bottle, the fragrance, the advert and the box. Especially the box. It was a real departure at the time as most fragrance packaging aimed at women was very feminine. This was different.  Something about that combination of dark green & black spoke to me...it glowed glamour and sophistication, but paired with something dark and discordant.


“Poison Green”…. Used to denote danger

And as a redhead myself, it was a colour I could wear well. Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy:

It’s a colour that has followed me all my life and I love to see it used in interiors 

It looks amazing paired with black


But then again…white is a good foil for this shade. Here it’s also mixed with teal

When the make-up brand Illamasqua first launched, what was my first purchase from them? Why, Rampage nail varnish of course!

The lobby of Ian Schrager’s The Edition Hotel in London is punctuated with poison-green statement sofas


Even though it’s not technically dark green, this bathroom is gorgeous – I love to see lush green tones paired with copper 


And it packs an Art-Deco themed punch in this bathroom:


I love dark, poison green so much that I used it in our living room at home

It makes its way into our work…

And it even makes an appearance in our Kitchen – paired with black…just like on that fragrance box all those years ago. 


 Fabulada writes: Thank you Andrea! That was gorgeous! 

Follow me on Pinterest! http://www.pinterest.com/fabulada/


No comments:

Post a Comment