Sunday 19 October 2014

Jimmie Martin...Punk Mozarts




Usually I source pictures from far and wide on a theme, but this week I stumbled across the design duo of Jimmie Karlsson and Martin Nihlmar, collective known as Jimmie Martin. 
Based in Church Street, Kensington, London, since 2005 they have produced the most spectacular and cool furniture to be found anywhere. Three years ago they teamed with interior designer Sally Anne McCoy to move forward into residential and commercial design, but it's the furniture I want to celebrate here. You may have already seen their work, they were commissioned by Madonna to create the golden throne she used at her Superbowl performance and have worked with rock royalty globally, from Kylie Minogue to Liam Gallagher. Their work is a superb bland of punk, Rococo, retro and pop art.
I could rave on about each piece, but they very eloquently speak for themselves. Believe me, I seriously had to employ some restraint to only select a handful. Love these guys. Enjoy, and do seek them out further at www.jimmiemartin.com if you want to see more!















No comments:

Post a Comment