Saturday 17 May 2014

Mining Silver

Looong before it was uberhip, your fabulada correspondent was plastering it on walls with camp abandon, but I have to say there were drawbacks to committing to a whole room when all you can find are tiny craft pots of paint. It was impossible to brush or roll on, so I had to invent a circular motion to disguise the overlaps. I suffered Tennis Elbow for 3 months after that damn room but I liked it (as they say in the Middle East) too, too much! 
Thank the lord for the new wave of silver inspirations that make it comparatively way easier to glam up a room, and no room cannot be, if you boldly go. 
I'll start you off with the Tennis Elbow room. Where were the sequined, glittered and silver wallpapers when I needed them? No where, that's where.

It don't 'alf look nice with dark greys and black. I really like the pewter sequin cushion touch. I could move in to Apsley House!

The complete opposite - silver on blinded-by-the-light white. Pretty damn cool chair though. 

Antique embroidered silver wall hanging. Look at it! Look! It's gorgeous! 
found on stephiebstyle.blogspot.com
This Tracy Kendall sequin wallpaper is a blinder. Could they have done something with that room, for god's sake? Send me some, I'll put it to good use.

I bet when Fiona Barratt did this silver wall she was glad of a bucket of wallpaper paste. Or her army of minions were.

Silver, silver, silver with a splash of Deco vanity in mahogany. Restrained. Tasteful. Unlike me, but very nice nonetheless...  

You could do this though, without much effort, given the array of great paints out there now. 

A whole roomful of glam in one chair. How cool is this? 

Nevertheless, I'll be carried to Sainsbury's in this, if you don't mind. I think my sedan carriers will be liveried in pink and silver. Right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment